Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have a Samsung Note 9 and the day before yesterday my printer was able to print from my Note 9. Today it wont! So it either tells me that it has failed to change settings or that some of the print services are turned off and to turn them on to use printers nearby? I have no clue as I have not done anything different it just stopped working. Cant get ahold of Samsung because they refer me to HP and HP wont help either. Please help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@unc69it 

Disclaimer:  I don't have a Samsung phone.

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first - Find your printer in the list of printers and supported applications

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

The document indicates HP Smart for Mobile is supported on this printer.

Is this application what you are using to print from your phone?

If yes, make sure you are logged into your HP Account on the application menu (upper right corner of the main menu - tiny "people" icon).

If the login balks and wants you to create a new account,

Act like you are doing so - enter the exact same email / userid and password that you have always used - enter the same phone number.

When you click to accept / save the changes,

Look for a red message under your email / userid that you entered - Click to "Sign in" to your existing account.

Wait for the application to spin awhile - it should eventually (several seconds) let you log into the application.

Check for any difference - the printer should again show up on the main menu and the application should start working again.

What happened?

No idea, but I've had to complete this odd procedure on both HP Smart for Windows and my HP Smart for Mobile (on iPad Pro).

References

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first - Find your printer in the list of printers and supported applications

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

HP Smart - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to. Videos, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just adding that I see this behavior quite often described for users with Android devices during the last days.

I suggest reviewing these posts on this matter, I could see many different users reporting this to occur after a recent System Web View update:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-plus/1012314-when-trying-print-i-receive-mess...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/wireless-email-print-not-working/m-p/1463466

Generally, I could find many discussions online on this issue with different printers manufacturers

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

That makes sense - the only places I can verify any changes are those found in HP Smart in iOS and Windows.

So, @unc69it - the explanation is likely as @ShlomiL has said.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.