Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have the printer m4583fx and I need to replace the hdd. I think i might need some files to let the device recognize the new disk. Am I right? Where can i find these files? I get tle latest firmware, but I don't have nothing else.

Thanks for the support,

Giuseppe

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @GfBCT 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query.

We request you to reach out Samsung Support for the issues to be addressed.

Thank you!

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The file you require is located on an HP FTP site but you require an exact link from HP to access it as it is not searchable. I have escalated your case. Please do not attempt to contact Samsung as they will only tell you to contact HP.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/HDD-UI-Recovery/

This is the Link loaded with all the Recovery files, but I don't know how to open or benefit from it

HP Recommended

You can find the PDF instructions for the restore procedure at this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j17inlzlblcb57p/AAB92gAPcFY82Z29FkROfzZ4a?dl=0

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi there, good evening. Could you please send a new link with the HDD recovery file for the Samsung SL-M4583FX printer, as this one ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/HDD-UI-Recovery/ is not working. At least not when accessing from Germany.  Are foreign IPs blocked? The HDD of my printer crashed with faulty sectors and needs to be replaced. 😞

Thanks a lot for the help 🙂

HP Recommended

@ChristianBerlin  Please create a new topic with your request as adding to an older topic on a different product will usually mean your request will be overlooked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.