Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung SCX-3405FW
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My Samsung SCX-3405FW printer/scanner does no longer save date and time settings. Everytime I turn it on, display panel asks for date and time and printer stays offline until I enter and save them.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of backup battery inside device and if there is a way to replace it.

Thank in advance to anyone will give me an answer.

Max

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I answer by myself.  I teared apart printer's front control panel and... bingo! I found backup CR2032 battery placed into a battery holder soldered to read side of PCB. Battery was totally dead (0 Volts); I replaced it with a new one and now it works like a charm: date and time settings are stored and printer does ask no more for them during power on.

You can see attached photo for more explanation.

Front panel PCB rear side.Front panel PCB rear side.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I answer by myself.  I teared apart printer's front control panel and... bingo! I found backup CR2032 battery placed into a battery holder soldered to read side of PCB. Battery was totally dead (0 Volts); I replaced it with a new one and now it works like a charm: date and time settings are stored and printer does ask no more for them during power on.

You can see attached photo for more explanation.

Front panel PCB rear side.Front panel PCB rear side.

HP Recommended

Hello Max,

I am having the same isuse with the SCX-3405FW.

Tried to take the front panel apart but I couldn't.

Didn't want to screw up and damage my printer.

Would you please provide more details how you took it apart.

Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

Hello  its easy steps for remove control panel and access battery SCX-3405FW

1. remove screws1. remove screws2.release clamp2.release clamp3. push right corner3. push right corner4. release control panel4. release control panel5. remove cable5. remove cable

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for proviidng the photos and steps, ioz!

I successfully replaced the battery with your help!

This solves the problem I had for years!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.