cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n3tcarlos
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Samsung SCX-4x24 How to get it working with BigSur?

HP Recommended
Samsung SCX-4824
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I've got freshly installed (completely from the scratch) macOS Big Sur and I can't see any driver that I could use with my Samsung SCX-4284..

The strange thing is that I've got another Macbook with BigSur that I've upgraded from Mojave and the drivers are there.. I've also tried to copy PPD file from this working Macbook to new one but it gives me message "Driver was not installed correctly. Reinstall the driver)

aard:~ root# ls -l@ /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/

-rw-r--r-- 1 root admin 12653 Mar 19 2009 Samsung SCX-4x24 Series.gz

So two Macbooks with Big sur, one can properly choose driver for SCX-4x24, the other one has only a few Samsung drivers and 4x24 is missing.. How can this be possible?

I've searched on the whole HP site but can't seem to find any driver package that would install this driver on BigSur..

Unfortunately SCX 4824 is too old to support Airprint..

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation