Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
XPress C410W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have changed the fuser unit in my printer. The printer still displays a warning to change the fuser unit (transfer belt is  also proposed  to be replaced ) and a red light blinks - annoying. How to reset the counter(s)?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended
I did send you a private message. Just click on the envelope
Hope this helps
I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended
How to read the answer?? What envelope? Where?
HP Recommended
If you log onto your profile on the right hand side next to your hp name is an envelope. Just click on there to read the message that was send.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I would like to be able to do this as well for my Samsug C410W

HP Recommended

@martinlfwrote:

I would like to be able to do this as well for my Samsug C410W

So far I haven't found a solution to this problem - the light is still blinking...

Both transfer unit and fuser unit counts are approaching 20000 - soon I'll se if the printer stops altogether after that. Hope not...

- helge

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I replaced the fuser unit of a Samsung Xpress C410W, but there is still a red light flashing and the Easy Printer Manager says “Prepare new fuser unit”. 
Is it completely unknown how to fix this?

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.

I did send you a private message in this regard.Hope this will help.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

HP Recommended

Hi I am also having the same blinking red light and messages pop up to say I need to replace the Fuser Unit and the drive belt.

I have recently replaced the Drum but the count levels for the belt are 32198/20000  the fuser is 32026/20000.

How do we reset these counters?

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.I did send you a private message that might help you to solve the problem.

.Thank You.Copier-Pro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.