Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung C430W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know this question has been asked before, but I thought I would ask again as there doesn't seem to be a resolution. I have tried speaking to Samsung and I just get directed the HP online help and the supplier of the part doesn't know how to reset the counter either. Surely I don't need to get an engineer out to resolve a simple problem on one of the less expensive printer models? Any help would be great as we have plenty of consumables, the printer has been quite good and it would be a waste of resources to just recycle it because we can't reset the counter.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

To reset the transfer count you need to have software to run and to reset it, that software is only for authorised services and it's not publicly available.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks

Do you know who would be authorised to have the software required as HP are now dealing with any Samsung related printer issues?

HP Recommended

Start calling your local HP services asking if they have an EDC program tool for resetting transfer count on C430W. 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.