Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress C460W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly, even no changes in printer settings neither in windows, lower half of the page have no color other than red?

Black documents printed fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi reljica

In case that you re using a Samsung original magenta toner, if the cartridge is above the 25% of toner and you have less than a year with it, you can contact the support team at 1-855-709-2202 selecting option 2 > option 2 to receive assistance for the toner warranty, you can explain them that you already performed the steps I sugested to save some time and steps. And you could send them the same samples you attached.

Regards.

Knowledge is to be shared.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, Are you using Samsung original brand new cartridges?

In case that you are, I would sugest you to take out the toners, clean the contacts up with a dry cloth.

Make a Hard reset (unplugg the power cord from the back of your printer while it is ON, press and hold the power/wakeup button during 15 seconds), when you release the button, plug it back in and turn it ON.

If previous steps does not work you can clear the memory:

Press the sequence on the printer panel Menu > Back > Left > Right > OK > Stop and you will enable the "Tech mode", press ok on "tech mode", then select "Data setup" and "Clear all Mem"

Note: The menu button is above the Ok button

I attach a video to access to the tech mode in your printer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ErCyT0SA9w

I hope this steps help you out

Best regards.

Access the hidden Tech Menu on your Samsung C460W laser printer and clear annoying alarms such as 'worn transfer belt' or 'replace imaging unit' or other errors that you don't want to be constantly bugged about. Of course this won't fix the worn out part but often the warnings are premature. If ...
HP Recommended

Blue and Red in Word.jpgBlue and Red printed.jpg

Hi, thank you for tips. It didn't help.

Here's my test explaining what is wrong.

Left image is word document how it looks on the screen.

Right one is how it looks after printing.

Blue lines (images) are allways correct in the upper half, while in the lower half of the page blue become pink (note that blue image in the middle turns pink, exactly in the middle of the page). The same is with green instead of blue color - it becomes pink in lower half of the page.

Howewer, red color is 100% correct, allways.

Also, black color is correct on the whole page, too.

HP Recommended

Hi reljica

In case that you re using a Samsung original magenta toner, if the cartridge is above the 25% of toner and you have less than a year with it, you can contact the support team at 1-855-709-2202 selecting option 2 > option 2 to receive assistance for the toner warranty, you can explain them that you already performed the steps I sugested to save some time and steps. And you could send them the same samples you attached.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.