Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress M2885FW
Other

Will there be any drivers that support Samsung Xpress M2885FW on OS X 10.15 Catalina?

I get the error

"prefilter" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for mailicious software

"rastertosec" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for mailicious software

wilmer

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Also, from an environmental point of view, this really hurts if I am forced to throw away lots of plastic, metal, and electronic waste just because of a lack of a software driver. Please help!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please find a guide to be able to install your Samsung printer in the new MAC OS 10.15 update. I hope this helps. 

https://docdro.id/n4BZFUR

If not let me know, as of today, for scanning the easy document creator is no longer working. 

Regards 

HP Recommended

Hi Jarz19

I followed your directions for my Samsung M2885FW printer/scanner. (I chose this particular printer from the list of available printers on the HP website)

I think the printer software installed correctly because it is printing,

But whenever I tried to install the scanner driver - ICDM.pkg and ScanThru.pkg - I get a message that the installation failed. "Encountered an error that caused the software installation to fail, please contact the software manufacturer."

Any advice?

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for helping HP! You've saved my printer from the landfill!

The printing works now but I have the same issue as @Weiers too. I get the exact same error message.

HP Recommended

BTW, I am amazed you provided a solution! Much appreciation for this as many companies could just stop support altogether.

HP Recommended

Interesting that Catalina is not even in the list of OS choices.  Of course, the Catalina update killed my printer asserting that the associated software could not be opened or checked for malicious content.

So I followed the apple support advice to delete all printers and reenter my printer,

However, when I hit the + symbol I can't get any field to accept my printer name, nor see a list of printers to select it from.

It's a Samsung Xpress M2835.

I find the HP robot chat help to be daunting.

BadgerBerling

HP Recommended

Thank you, the printer prints again. (Samsung Xpress M2885FW on Catalina) 

However, I couldn't get the scanner to work.

When I follow the instructions to install these drivers:

ICDM.pkg 

ScanThru.pkg

I can install the first one (ICDM.pkg) , however the ScanThru.pkg does not install.

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 12.09.37.png

Any ideas how to solve this? 

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I think scan thru is 32 bit so likely will not work with catalina

I have a samsung propres M3870 FD multifunction

AirPrint compatible

thru hi Sierra the print and scan worked fine via the native  interface

with Mojave print works fine. scan to jpg bmp and any pic file is fine. scan to pdf is corrupt and cannot be read by ANY pdf app

god knows what will happen with Catalina

right now I CAN scan pdf in mojave using the samsung scan assistant part of easy doc creator/printer manager.

but again this is 32 bit and will not work with catalina

no help whatsoever from HP help except that one support person told me to buy a new machine

why dunk a perfectly functioning device and pollute the world more??

would be happy for any ideas on how to get this device to work fully properly on mojave  or Catalina

HP Recommended

Hi,

concerning "ICDM.pkg" check if you can see the item "Samsung Scanner" in

"name of your harddisk"/Library/Image Capture/Devices

I'm under Mojave, but this item is responsible that scanning is possible under Preview app.

Best wishes

Emke

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.