Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can confirm that scanning into PDF does not work under macOS Mojave (10.14.6) with the Samsung Xpress M2885FW (Firmware M2885_V3.00.01.16). I tried Preview app, Image Capture app and Photoshop. The scanner does the scan job as normal, but does not come up with a file. Error messages pop up after the scan job.

It worked fine under macOS Sierra .

At the moment my workaround is to scan into JPG and export this with Preview app to PDF.

Does someone have an idea?

@HP: You should have an idea!

Best wishes

Emke

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions given.  When I type in Terminal:  "sudo spct| --master-disable", I get the reply "command not found".  Am I not typing this correctly?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I've managed to get my M2885FFW to print from one of my Mac Books under 10.15 but when I try to install the drivers on another Mac Book with 10.15 when it asks me to install the printer the only option I'm able to select for the M2885 is AirPrint. Any ideas why there is no option to select "Use: Samsung M288x Series" - could I get hold of the relevant files somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help

HP Recommended

Same problem for me in that printing works but not scanning

HP Recommended

After upgrading to Catalina, I had all the above problems-able to print, but not scan; tried to download a new driver to scan but was unable. So I planned to buy a new printer!  I spoke to Apple support and they showed me how to use the built in scanner software and everything is working! 

Go to systems preferences; printers; click on your printer then open scanner. That will "wake up" your printer and you can designate where the scanned images will go and what format and then push "scan". And things return to the good old days of Mojave.

HP Recommended

Dear WINNY2,

thanks for your post! 2 questions:

Are you able to scan directly into PDF?

What do you exactly mean with "open scanner"? I can see no function labelled like that in printer system preferences.

Thanks a lot and

best wishes

Emke

HP Recommended

Hi eMike

You need to go to System Preferences, then Printer & Scanners, then Scan, then Open Scanner.

For me this doesn't work. It opens but doesn't start up the scanner.

I can you the Apple software Image Capture, however I prefer Samsung's Scan Assistant and that doesn't work.

I did wonder if there is HP general software which will work but struggling to find out.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

after you go to systems preferences, then printer. the window that opens let you click on your printer (samsung) on the left side of window and then "scan" on the right side of window. underneath "scan" is "open scanner". Click on that and a scanner window comes up with where the scans will go, document feeder, and format (jpeg, pdf, etc.)

good luck.

HP Recommended

I don't know. It works for me. 

Be sure to click on the left side of the window that has the name of your printer (samsung); then scan on the right side of the window and open scanner below.

good luck!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have got it working now, Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.