Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Dear WINNY2,

thanks a lot for your reply! Well, mine seems to look different. I don't know why.

On the left side there is a list of all printers I'm linked to.

The Samsung-Xpress-M2885FW is a multifunction printer. I have it listed on the left side. If I click on it in the left frame, the right frame shows it only as printer. It does not show me any scan functionality.

Scanner driver is installed and I am able to scan with Preview.app and Image_Capture.app.

But NOT directly in to PDF. That is the problem I like to solve...

Best wishes

Emke

HP Recommended

I have the same samsung printer. when I click on the printer on the left side of the window, the right side shows "print/scan". when I click on the "scan", "open scanner" pops up and you can direct where the scanned image goes and what format. 

If this doesn't work for you, I would call AppleCare for help. good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying in this thread.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.

I get the following error when trying to " wake up " the scanner.

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 20.24.52.png

If anyone has an idea how to solve this, that would be great 🙂

Thanks

HP Recommended

Oh, I solved it now.

Searched for the file "samsung scanner" in finder and right clicked it --> open.

Then selected "open" again when the security warning appeared. 

Thanks , I can scan now, great! 

HP Recommended

I follow your instruction, after I disable the gate keeper, I m able to install Printer driver.pkg only.

Both ICDM.pkg and ScanThru.pkg, I encounter Installation failed error just like some of the members here. 

I can't select the specific driver that I have just installed. It will not add. I can only select AirPrint, only then my printer will be added. 

Also, I do not have a "Scan" tab as what others have (refer to the attached picture. Dunno why. 

I try to use the image capture app but my scanner is not installed. 

Anyone can help??

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 4.07.15 PM.png

HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue you described Xiaobao. Followed all the steps recommended in the previous posts with no success at all.

This is very frustrating. The change to 64 bit apps was known about for quite sometime. Just release 64 bit drivers for Mac OS Catilina so we all do not have 25 lb paper weights.

Anyone please help.

HP Recommended

Finally managed to get it work now. Apparently the issue seems to be the drivers on the HP site. 

The scanner driver did not work at all. I managed to get another copy that I had previously downloaded on 28 Oct 2018. Yes this copy may sounded old. but hey, its working for me. 😅 I get the scan tab on my printer page now. (Refer to the below picture,)

This is what I did. Everything I follow as per earlier installation. The only thing that changes is the scanner driver. I use the older copy that I have in my Mac (28 Oct 2018). 

As for Printer, I just leave it as AirPrint. Now I can print and scan. 

Only issue is that, i have just like some other members here is that you can't direct scan to PDF. So my workaround for this is that I scan to jpg then I print to pdf for the time being till HP release the update for Catalina. 

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 9.49.52 AM.png

HP Recommended

Hi, Xiaobao

Is there any way you can post that driver to something like a shared Google drive?

It would be greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

I don't have a shared google drive. Also not sure if I can share their drivers in this manner?

HP Recommended

It works for me too!

What I did?

I copy all the "\Library\Printers" and "Library\Image Capture" from my old MacBook Pro (High Sierra) in my new MacBook Pro (Catalina 10.15.2), and then I re-install printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.