Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have a Samsung Xpress SL-C1810W Color Laser Printer. 

my prints show blue and yellow vertical lines, what could be the problem?

I haven't used printer for a few months, could that be the problem?

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello tspirit

Hello, Are you using Samsung original brand new cartridges?

In case that you are, I would sugest you to take out the toners, clean the contacts up with a dry cloth.

Make a Hard reset (unplugg the power cord from the back of your printer while it is ON, press and hold the power/wakeup button during 15 seconds), when you release the button, plug it back in and turn it ON.

Let me know if this imrpoves the print quality.

Regards

Knowledge is to be shared.
HP Recommended

I did what you said but I still get faded yellow and blue thin lines. The cartridges are original and are about 80% full, so yes pretty new. 

HP Recommended

tspirit

Thank you for replying, when did you purchased the toners? if they are at 80%, they are original brand new and you have less than a year with them you can call the support number 1-855-709-2202 since the cartridges have their own warranties and you could receive support from manufacturer.

Knowledge is to be shared.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.