Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Samsung Xpress SL-C480FW Software Issues

HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress SL-C480FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It has been a month since I didnt use my scanner. Yesterday after trying to use it I kept getting the following message :

I/O error while communicating with the device.Please wait and try scanning again.If it does not help, please turn the device off, then switch it on and wait while it warms up.

After following the above without any success, I did uninstall all software, drivers, printers. Reinstalled them, used different usb cable and port but the result was the same.

I can scan through windows but the easy document creator doesnt work anymore and gives the above error message.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
it1cc1web
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm also facing the exact same issue but with the samsung Xpress M2885fw (it's a combo printer and scanner). 

Operating System (legit): Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer and scanner model: Samsung Express M2885FW

Offical drivers used: (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2885-laser-multifunction-printer...)

* Tried two different USB printer cables to attempt to elliminate the I/O error. <<-- still there is an I/O error.

This is really annoying because the scan now has to be initated from the PC instead of the on-printer-scanner dial, for a tech like me = no problem but for other - main office users are non-tech is a real stuggle (I know, any change can be a bit difficult for older generation).

The software drivers worked like a charm on Windows 7 (64-bit), but this OS is getting a bit dated now.

Could it be a case where the HP are not caring to fix the software issue following the not so recent aquision of Samsung printer business? (https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/01/hp-completes-purchase-samsung-printer-business.html)

or maybe a new version of HP Samsung drivers when they will be released will fix this silly I/O error?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation