Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress SL-C480W

I’m looking for ”Samsung Xpress SL-C480W” drivers for macOS 10.15 Catalina.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I also urgently need a driver for my recently bought Samsung M2835DW under macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP Recommended

Hi, 

The last drivers are working on this new OSX Catalina,

For continuing using your printer, you just need to go to the folder /Library/Printers/Samsung/UPD/Filters/ and right click on the files : "commandtosec", "prefilter" and "rastertosec" and click open. You will need to confirm by clicking again open on the apple alert screen. 

After that the files will be accepted by Apple and you will be able to use your printer.

Good luck

HP Recommended

It works!

Thanks a lot! 😀👍

HP Recommended

There is no Apple alert screen coming on my mac, just three terminal screens that only can be closed. Is there any solution for this also?

HP Recommended

@LDoer Since that's a Samsung printer, I suggest you check out this link for further support: click here for details.

To thank us for our effort, give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, and have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher I really don't understand your help, can't find any solution when using the link. I am using Mac OS Cataline version 10.15.1 and my scanner SL-C480W doesn't work on this version Mac OS. Printing is no problem by the way

HP Recommended

@LDoer What I meant, is that we currently do not support Samsung printer on the HP community and if you have trouble finding your printer on the link I shared, please try again!
And Also, you can try this link to look for compatible drivers available on the HP website for your printer: Click here (as of now, we don't have supported drivers for Catalina version of the Mac OS)

I hope that helps!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher The topic is "Samsung Xpress SL-C480W drivers macOS 10.15 Catalina" and @Nicocard seems to have a solution for the problem, but that one does not solve the same problem by me. I don't know why and how this topic came on the HP community.

Was just hoping Nicocard had additional comments for me.

HP Recommended

You seem to be unaware that you, HP, have taken over support of Samsung printers and scanners. When are you going to update the driver for the 480 scanner?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.