Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

@JW021 I'm well aware of that fact, all I'm saying is that there are certain boundaries set for supporting Samsung devices and that the Catalina compatible drivers are unavailable on our website, I hope you understand

And @LDoer I wish you good luck with the solution from the other user, I suggest you check the link I initially provided so you can contact support team for Samsung devices at HP, have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

New drivers were recently released on December 11th, however when I tested them I still see some security issues/error messages in Catalina. Also, the Scan driver can't be installed of some sort of error. I think the QA dev and departments need to recheck the install procedure and make sure it works properly. Maybe use disk image instead of zip files as well as you probably will notice when unpacking the zip files.

In any case here is the link (Swedish website version...)

https://support.hp.com/se-sv/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-c480-color-laser-multifunction-pr...

HP Recommended

The new drivers need checking, they don't yet work. 

HP Recommended

I experience exactly the same problem here. MacBook Pro 2019 Catalina. New drivers don't bring any solution. I still get very weird coded prints, printers makes ten's of copies of them... I hope this get's resolved. Bought this printer because I wanted to get rid of all the inkjet printers that stop working after a year.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

happy new year 2020! I´m new to this support forum, living in Berlin, Germany.

I´m a Mac user, using a Samsung C480W printing/scanning device, having currently updated from Mojave to MacOS 10.15.2.

Now facing more or less the same problems as described before in using the scanning unit: The new driver available on the HP/Samsung support site crashes during installation, previous drivers fail to start (printing is fine, anyway).

When trying the link you provided in one of the previous posts on the subject, it seemed to be a dead end.

And, sorry for insisting on that, I´m waiting for a solution working properly. Are there any news on that subject?

By the way, it´s not very sustainable, forcing users to discard a printer/scanner purchased mid 2016 by not properly updating software anymore.

Just my 2 cents!

HP Recommended

i can't run my print in my iMac. The system report software malicious

HP Recommended

How about actually publishing the links to the Samsung C480 multi function printers for printing and scanning...WITH COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS?

I can tell you right now that I will NEVER purchase another HP printer/scanner as I feel that my product is now orphaned with no support.  

I'd like an answer from OFFICIAL HP support on this already.  

HP Recommended

Samsung C480 multi function printer - I have alerted the John Lewis Department Stores and "Which" consumer magazine in UK to this nonsense - and told them that they should stop selling this printer. Indeed because of the on existent support offered by HP to Samsung printers - they should not stock any Samsung printers - both organisations are looking into my complaint . I have an expensive and useless printer which won't scan and won't print - not good enough - HP and Samsung are perpetrating a fraud and pretending to sell a printer/scanner that will work on an updated Mac - and it does not. It is a disgrace.

HP Recommended

It's a disgrace indeed! We should post as many reports on online review sites as possible. Maybe that will wake them up? They are not reading this forum I think...

HP Recommended

Please understand that everything works good but the internal Mac program "Gate Keeper" does not allow to access the files your printer needs. For disable or bypass GateKeeper please follow this link : https://cronotek.net/blog/how-to-disable-gatekeeper-on-macos-mojave-and-catalina

Good luck !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.