Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
C4060FX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, we just purchased this printer from MediaForm and set it up on screen. We then connected it to a PC but now the password we set won’t get accepted. Is there anyway to reset the password back to default?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I sent you a private message with instructions on how to reset your system. These instructions will purge ALL DATA.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I'm sure the OP will have been ecstatic to receive instructions in a private message, but that leaves potentially thousands of other people (myself included) in precisely the same predicament - without an answer.

Please share your instructions PUBLICLY if you expect your post to be marked as a solution and to receive kudos.

BTW, if your solution involves using the Samsung Easy Printer Manager to reset the printer via USB cable, note that the current version of Easy Printer Manager lacks the required functionality, forcing the user to use the web interface instead - which of course once again requires the admin password to log in in order to perform the factory reset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.