Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
ML-2875FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I'd appreciate if someone with a Samsung MFP (I have an ML-2875FW) could tell me whether scanning over Wi-Fi using Win 10 still works for them. As you can probably guess, it isn't working for me and I am not entirely sure whether it ever has with Windows 10.

I don't have all the details here at the moment but there are some things I know for sure:

1) The computer & scanner do communicate to an extent, because when I give the computer a new name (using Samsung Easy Printer Manager or whatever it is called) the scanner gets the change. In other words, I can see the change from the UI of the scanner itself.

2) Printing works

3) There does seem to be some kind of a problem with the scanner driver. The Samsung Printer Diagnostics (again, not entirely sure about the name at the moment) tool shows there is an update for the scanner driver. It says the update was installed successfully but I'm not so sure about it. Why? Because when I run the tool again, it offers me the same update.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled everything related to the Samsung printer multiple times. No dice. Before I go any further with my testing, could someone confirm if they have had success with Win 10 & a wireless Samsung MFP & scanning?

I'd feel much better looking for the problem if I knew that it can be solved 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I tested with another W 10 laptop that had no previous installations of the said printer so that it was, in a sense, a clean sheet.

I installed the scanner driver & easy document creator (the new version just like in the previously described case) but the result was the same. No luck scanning over Wi-Fi. I think the error message by easy document creator is something along the lines of "cannot access the device". Tried turning off the firewall just in case. Didn't make a difference.

Once again, printing works flawlessly.

Like I said, the scanner sees the computers (when I choose scan to pc from the scanner's menu). However, the next step (that is scanning as such) fails and the computer the scan was supposed to be sent to reacts with a message indicating failure as well. In other words, there is communication even in the scanning stage but something is off.

Any ideas are most welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.