cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Elenktik
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scanner of SCX-3405 does not work since Win10 update

HP Recommended
SCX-3405
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated my Windows Software from 7 to 10.

Then I have deinstalled my old Printer Driver and downloaded all Windows 10 Software/Driver from here: https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/samsung-scx-3405-laser-multifunction-printer-series...

I installed the following driver:

- SCX-3400 Series Scan Driver

- Serie Samsung SCX-3400 – Printer Driver

And the following software

- Samsung Easy Printer Manager

- Samsung OCR-Program for Scanner

Printing works, but scanning does not.

I removed everything and reinstalled it, but still same issue.

If I start Easy Printer Manager and click on Scan, then it tells me that Scan software is not installed. However, under my apps I can see taht Samsung ORC has been installed.

I also tried to run the "Samsung Printer Diagnostics". The tool found that there is no scanner driver installed for SCX-3405 and asks me if this should be fix. When I click yes, then it tells me that it can't download the scanner driver currently and tells me to download my self and links to hp.com - however, I have downloaded the scanner driver already and installed it..

Any help? I am desperate.

1 REPLY 1
FredE546
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue on my Windows 10 64bit machine.  Whenever I try to update via SPD, I receive continual error message about not being able to connect to the Samsung/HP update server.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation