Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung SL-M2885FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It’s happened again.  As with a previous major update of Windows 10, the scanner, which had been working perfectly, stopped working.  The error message generated was the same as last time:

I/O error while communicating with the device.
Please wait and try scanning again.
If it does not help, please turn devise off,
then switch it on wait while it warms up.

I went to the HP customer support web page for this printer, and the latest updates they had for Samsung Easy Document Creator, Samsung Easy Printer Manager, Samsung Network PC fax Utility were the ones from August 3, 2018, that were already installed on my computer and that clearly didn’t work with Windows 10 Update 1903.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had the same problem then found the fix from last time (1803) and it worked for me:

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_SEC&CttFileID=703966...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.