Did you mean: 
Sverl1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Scanner problems

HP Recommended
clx3300

I have a CLX 3300 printer/scanner. It has worked perfectly since it was new approx 4 years ago. Now suddenly the scanner function  does not work and the error message says "I/O problem in communication with the unit. Please wait or switch of and on and wait to re-boot" It does not work. The printer part of the unit works perfectly. Using the same USB connection cable from the PC-printer. What can I do?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
UAG
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I experienced the same problem. Could it be that with the new 1803 version of windows 10 the link to the scanner is not established correctly?

I hope that this topic will be addressed by HP experts.

0 Kudos
FirstRed
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same here. Previously before I updated to Windows 10 ver 1803, my SCX-3405 was working fine. I use the default Samsung Easy Document Creator (EDC) to scan with ease.

After updated the OS, the scanner software doesn't work anymore with the same error.

But I try using the default Windows Scanner software is ok, also another software NAPS2 is also ok.

I suspect this is due to the update from Microsoft, broke the driver or conflict de.

HP .. since you bought Samsung printer division, please fix this!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Sverl1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot to both of you. I guess your advice will work. The problems is likely to be related to the upgrade of operational system. Usually we think that an upgrade is to the better, but not always. I have not yet tested out your advice, but I will as soon as I get back to my office at home later this month. I keep you posted.

We all agree that HP should take steps to solve it.

0 Kudos
UAG
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP        -       Do you copy?

0 Kudos
Sverl1
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tryed your suggestion using the default Microsoft-software SCAN . It worked perfectly. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation