Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress SL-M2885FW Laser Multifunction Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, I'm at my wits end. I've had this printer awhile with dependable WI FI connectivity. I hooked up a 4K Smart TV in another room and the printer lost connectivity and cannot reconnect. It's the strangest thing. The message on the printer constantly says, "Connecting."

1. I have updated the drivers
  2. I have rebooted the WI-FI
  3. I have "Yes" selected to WI FI Direct
  4. I have used both the Samsung and the HP troubleshooter
  5. I no longer possess the printer cable to connect the printer to my computer so that's where I'm kind of screwed

It simply will not connect, no matter what I do. Do I need to order a replacement printer cable to hook up to my PC? Is that going to be my only option?

I can't afford a new printer, so any help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You could be getting interference or a duplicate IP address. If you disconnect the TV and unplug it does the printer work again?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.