Claudio_Italy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

driver does not install

HP Recommended
M2070 xpress
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a printer samsung xpress M2070 cabled to pc. The printer works well.

However, there is a samsung program named "Samsung printer diagnostic" which signals the need to update the  scanner driver (TWAIN/WIA; version: v3.31.38.04). Then the program dowloads the driver, proceeds to install it but at this point nothing happens in the sense that the program keeps on running but I have to stops it after a few hours.

I wonder whether: 1) there is a more update samsung printer diagnostic (current version: 1.0.1.6.02; ; when I launch the program it signals that it is not possible to connnect to the server but after that, it proceeds and apparently works regularly); 2) if the driver provided is not compatible with the Italian windows or 3) I have to update some other things before to use such program

I've not downloaded the "universal scan driver" (version: v1.02.19) since the printer works well and I do not know if this useful. 

Thanks a lot,

Claudio

4 REPLIES 4
InfantinoMarmi
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We have the same problem with the same printer

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Copier-Pro
Level 9
2,456 2,416 160 348
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well i would just ignore the update if everything is working right.Find a way off blocking the pop up for the upgrade and continue as normal using the machine.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
carolanne12
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer works on hp smart but the scanner wont. The scanner driver twain/wia will not install

kevin-t
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,611 325 972
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation