Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M2885FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very frustrating. 

All of the suppliers in New Zealand had run out of MLT-D116L samsung toner for my generation of printers a couple of weeks ago. I managed to find some GENUIE toner from a store on Amazon that would ship to New Zealand. When the toner arrived and I installed it the printer shows and message on it's display that says

"Not compatible toner cartridge"

This is quite unbelievable. Who do I talk to about being able to exchange these GENUINE samsung cartridges that I purchased in GOOD FAITH as it appears that this printer is expecting a toner cartridge which as some different digital signature. I could have sought out some non genuine product from a local supplier but I've always used and payed for genuine consumables. Now I'm being punished for doing the right thing!

I'm assuming there is no firmware work around for this?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If you still have the old toner cartridge you maybe can consider changing the chip from the one cassette to the other.This might just help you to solve the problem.But it would be recommended to get the correct toner according to the country code.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.