Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-02-2018 04:14 AM
Hi I have HP printer 4500z wireless. It will not scan multiple photos even after selecting in the setting. I use windows 10
05-03-2018 09:04 AM - edited 05-03-2018 09:09 AM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with not able to scan photos correctly although the printer prints. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂
Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a Software or OS update?
- Did you make copies of photos directly from the printer and check if copies correctly?
For now, please try these steps:
Please perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://hp.care/2JOvHaJ by following instructions from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer”
Then make 2 copies of photos directly from the printer without any communication from the computer to check if the copy works correctly to eliminate hardware failure.
If it copies correctly, then perform a clean uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, in control panel and select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
- Restart the PC again.
- Then download the latest full feature driver from https://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
This should fix the issue.
- If this does not do the trick, please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2o3acvH
- This should resolve the issue for you. There is an associated YouTube video for you to install it.
Please update the printer firmware also, if required by following instructions from this link: https://hp.care/2rHKwDD
Other things to try:
- If the problem continues, then use HP scan and capture to scan photos and it should fix the issue.
- This link: https://hp.care/2Dpnyrw ( HP Printers - Using the HP Scan and Capture App (Windows 8 and 10) will help you download, install and use this app with FAQs.
- This should resolve the issue for you.
- You could also check HP smart app from this link: https://hp.care/2hmgdBr (HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10) and this link will help you download, install and use this app with FAQs.
- You can print and scan with this app. It should fix the issue.
Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
05-07-2018 05:24 AM
Thanks very much for prompt solution. Unfortunately I have actioned it twicw but no luck. I only started scanning about 2 weeks ago. couple of times it did sanned multiple photos on seperate pages. Then will not do it.
Any thanks for your solution but not for me this time.
05-07-2018 07:48 AM
It looks like you were interacting with @DavidSMP, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,
I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service.
I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I need to know:
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you've already used root level re-installation of the drivers (as per the first few steps), you've installed the built-in drivers, the firmware of the printer has been upgraded and since it didn't work, you've tried the HP Scan & Capture App followed by the HP Smart App and nothing worked? If yes, the next best thing you could do, is create a new user account and check if the works, here are the steps on creating a new account: https://hp.care/2IsTtcz
If the above doesn't work, you may want to check if the copier works fine as a stand alone printer, if that doesn't work either, this could be a hardware issue, however, if the copier works fine but the printer via the computer doesn't work, we may need to perform a push button reset, using the steps on this link: https://hp.care/2toQrBj
Let me know how that pans out
feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,
followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,
And Have a great day Ahead!
I am an HP Employee