cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
1irateuser
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

9018 scanner bombarded with requests for keychain info.

HP Recommended
HP 9018 all-in-0ne
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My 9018 scanner has become practically useless because a dialogue box keeps coming up: "HP Smart wants to use your confidential information stored in "HP Smart-HPConnected-LastUserName" in your keychain." It asks for a password.

My HP account password won't work and I can't get through to anyone at support who can help me. Do you have any idea what this is and how to fix it?

I uninstalled HP Smart and attempted to reinstall it, but I keep getting into endless cycles that go nowhere.

Help!

2 REPLIES 2
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 25,687 1,959 2,607
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1irateuser

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is asking for the key chain info and you are getting a pop-up to enter the password.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the printer connected to the MAC wirelessly?

Have you tried entering your computer password and checked?

This is an AirPrint compatible printer. Install the printer on the MAC using AirPrint driver as shown in step 2 of this document. 

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
StretchMusic
Level 6
Level 6
181 179 12 64
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The keychain is a utility that is part of macOS that stores the passwords on your computer. The password should be the admin or login password for your computer. Please contact Apple directly if you need further assistance. The keychain is not supported by HP.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-keychains-to-store-passwords-mchlf375f392/mac

I am an HP Employee
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation