Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know how to NOT activate this every single time you want to scan? God forbid you try to scan from adobe first.... then you have to restart the grid to get everything to work. I wish they would disclose this crap FIRST before you buy an "easy all in one."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi realjax, 

In this version of the software we tried giving the customer the options to manage their activate scan to computer settings. The printer was still capable of scanning from the software. This way our software wasn't using up the customers system resources all the time. In later versions of this software we took the advice of the customer, and made the activate scan to computer active during the installation of the printer. 

Activate the scan connection to the computer

Follow these steps to activate the scan connection between the HP product and the computer.

Mac users : This step is not necessary for Mac operating systems. Skip to the next step.
 IMPORTANT: To send scans from your HP product to a computer over a wired (Ethernet) or a wireless network, you must enable the Activate Scan to Computer connection from the HP software after the computer restarts, hibernates, or enters sleep mode (the hard disc shuts down). The scan cannot complete if the Activate Scan to Computer connection is not enabled each time that the computer restarts, hibernates, or enters sleep mode .
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn the product on.
  2. Open the HP software by following one of these methods.

3. Double-click the product icon ( ) on your desktop.
  4. In Windows XP, click Start ( ), or in Windows Vista and Windows 7, click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click the HP folder, click the folder with the name of your product series, and then click your product.
  5. Under Scanner Actions , click Activate Scan to Computer .

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below. 

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

170 REPLIES 170
HP Recommended

Having the samen problem,

Everytime I want to scan some thing I have to activate the software, anyone an fix?

HP Recommended

Just installed an OfficeJet 7500A and have the same problem...both of my computers have to be re-activated each time I want to scan to the computer.

I must say, between the installation process (I had to do a lot of google searching to get web printing working) and this, I'm not impressed with HP software.

HP Recommended

mine only activated once. now it says that my" printer in not on the printer control panel. please restart and try again". I have always loved hp products even though their customer service and software STINK. I think if i cant get this new printer working......our relationship is over.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

HP OJ 6500A Plus, HP OJ 7500A, HP OJ 8500A, HP Photosmart B210, HP Envy D100 All-in-One printers support new version of printer software which 22. In this new version software we need to activate the scan feature everytime from software so that we can scan using the printer front panel.

Future updates to this software will enable us to activate this feature only once. But as of now we need to activate it everytime printer or computer is turned OFF.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to explain this...it's at least nice to know that it's the software, not something we're doing.

HOpefully there will be an update in the very near future to make this feature more workable.

HP Recommended

Any update on when we might get a software update to solve this problem?

HP Recommended

Wondering when this will be fixed as well. 

HP Recommended

There is no ETA on this, however when available I will be posting the update in this post.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

HP Recommended

I really hope they fix this quickly. i bought this printer  as the vendor said it was possible. i assumed i did not need to activate this app every time.

Question:

Can we not just put the program in the start menu so it will load auto? if yes what is the name of the program?

thanks paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.