Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
scanjet G3010
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi There,

I just tried to scan something on my HP Scanjet G3010, but since Adobe is no longer supporting it (I had to uninstall it) and blocking it from use, my scanjet software will NOT open.  Can't download Adobe Flashplayer, and my scanner is now a boat anchor.  Any suggestions please?  [personal information removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Brian,

To help you and anyone else I have put the flash install file that worked for me at the following link

http://www.argestuttgart.homepage.t-online.de/flash/install_flash_player_ax-ie.exe

You can download it and double click it to install flash again.

It rejoices in the name "install_flash_player_ax-ie.exe"

When you install it, you are asked whether you want Adobe to automatically update your player, or just be informed, or not at all.

I think it is better to click "not at all" to avoid it possibly being removed later by adobe.

If you have any problems please just let me know.

Regards Chris (chris400)

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my Officejet 5610

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my Officejet 5610.  I reinstalled an older copy of VueScan that I purchased on line a few years ago.  Worked just fine. [content removed]

HP Recommended

Thanks, I cannot re-install the software unless I change my O/S.  I did download and install the software for my scanner (Scanjet G3010), but it will NOT open without Adobe Flash Drive.

HP Recommended

I believe that it was a massive error on HP's part to give you software that depends on a third party in order to function (My HP Scanjet G3010 requires Adobe Flash Drive to run).  So now Adobe is NOT supporting Flash Drive and if you (foolishly as I did) uninstall the Adobe Flash Drive, I now can use my flatbed scanner as a boat anchor.  Thanks HP for this!  No support either since it was long ago that I purchased the flatbed scanner.  I doubt I'll ever purchase another HP product due to this stupidity.  Thanks for any suggestions, but without Adobe Flash Drive, my HP product is totally useless (boat anchor).

HP Recommended

I had the same problem after de-installing Flash

I could still scan via other graphic programs but I couldn't open the HP Interface which offers more alternatives.

However I was fortunate this morning (5.1.2021) to locate a website still with an installable Flash file.

The file you get is zipped and is called "install_flash_player-32465.zip"

Inside the file you want is called "install_flash_player_ax-ie.exe"

The Flash files are installed to the following directory in Windows 7

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

If you google for these you should be able to find a Flash installation file

Try also the following links

http://www.oldversion.com.de/windows/macromedia-flash-player-10-1-ie
https://www.downloads.focus.de/manualdownload/54382746

Good luck

Christopher

HP Recommended

Hi Christopher,

Thanks VERY much for this information!!!  I have a very good friend who is a lot better than I am at finding things who is looking for just the flashdrive.  I will use your link (thanks again) if he can't find it.  Thanks very much again Christopher, I think HP will be my last choice going forward.  

...brian...(oldstock)

HP Recommended

Hi Brian,

To help you and anyone else I have put the flash install file that worked for me at the following link

http://www.argestuttgart.homepage.t-online.de/flash/install_flash_player_ax-ie.exe

You can download it and double click it to install flash again.

It rejoices in the name "install_flash_player_ax-ie.exe"

When you install it, you are asked whether you want Adobe to automatically update your player, or just be informed, or not at all.

I think it is better to click "not at all" to avoid it possibly being removed later by adobe.

If you have any problems please just let me know.

Regards Chris (chris400)

HP Recommended

Hi Christopher,

I can't thank you enough for saving my flatbed scanner from the garbage dump.  Your help, assistance and advice have been wonderful!!  I wish HP were as good as you and your advice!

I'll do this today and get back to you to let you know what happened, but again, you've been really helpful (to a total stranger, me) and I truly appreciate it!  Maybe it's because I often do something good for others and they always want to pay or do something, and I just tell them, if I do a good deed, it will go around and get back to me.  This is one of those times!

..brian (AKA Oldstock)...

HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

I just tried to get to the site to download the executable file, but was blocked by my computer/ISP.  I figured out how to unblock the site, downloaded the file, ran the file and it works PERFECTLY!!  I would highly recommend you let others know as your solution works easily and fixes everything.  Thanks again Chris for your help and I'm sure others would also be very thankful for saving their devices from the landfill!!

Funny how a single, simple executable file can fix all the problems caused by Adobe and HP.

Best regards for 2021 Chris!

..brian...(AKA Oldstock)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.