cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
RichT72
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

After a driver reinstall the scanner and HP Solution Centre has disappeared

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had to reinstall my printer driver (from the supplied disc as the download from the HP site always fails) because whenever I print the computer says that the printer is offline when it isn't. I also cannot uninstall the driver from my computer so I can start from scratch as an error message says "Call to DriverPackageUninstall returned error 5 for package. C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpwia_oj7610.inf_amd64_8635a4f1172e13da\hpwia_oj7610inf: A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators group to install a driver package."  What does this mean?

I reinstalled the basic driver using the CD and have now found that I cannot scan and copy from my computer as it cannot find the scanner or copier. It will only print! The Solution Centre has disappeared! Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Nils_K
Level 12
333 318 19 104
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @RichT72 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

I believe that the HP Print and Scan Doctor could help to solve your problem. The HPPSDR finds and resolves problems automatically. You can download the tool from this hyperlink:

ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

After downloading it, please run it. Then try to install the software for your HP OfficeJet again by using the latest version of the software which you find here:

OJ7610_971-2.exe

(113.7 MB)

If you have any questions, just let me know! 😊

Best,

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
RichT72
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Nils.

Unfortunately HP Print & Scan Doctor could not detect any issues, however, there are definitely some major issues!

RichT72
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nils.

Unfortunately every attempt to download the latest full driver from the HP website fails!

Nils_K
Level 12
333 318 19 104
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

@RichT72 wrote:

Unfortunately every attempt to download the latest full driver from the HP website fails!

Can you please go a little bit more into detail? Please try the download with another browser. After downloading try to install the software. If there is a problem, please post the message you get.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Nils

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation