cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
tschloesser
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

After "upgrading" to OfficeJetPro 8022 the scan to computer feature is not working anymore (MacOS)

HP Recommended
OfficeJet PRO 8022

After installing OfficeJEt Pro 8022 the "scan to Computer" feature on the printer does not list my Mac anymore, as I was used to seeing it on the Printer. The settings' menu is showing the option as disabled!

I followed some hints on HP drivers and software used before and reinstall the drivers, but this ain't work.

According to the software&drivers section in hp support I should "only" install HP smart, which I did, but this does not install the HP Utility or something allowing me to enable the "Scan to computer" feature for my Mac. 

Some other suggestions point to the easy-scan Utility, but this was not installed either.

Can anybody help? 

BTW: I can use the printer and scanner from the Mac, it is only this feature I got  used to, which is not working anymore after the hardware upgrade 😞

Kind regards,

Thorsten

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,963 2,168
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tschloesser

I reviewed your post and I understand that the scan to computer feature is disabled.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the below steps to enable the scan to computer feature.

Click All Settings, click Scan to Computer, and then select the box next to Enable Scan to Computer. On the printer control panel, navigate to the scan menu or icon, and then select your computer name. Start a scan job.

In case if you do not find that option, then download and install HP Easy scan and then check. Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04788799

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation