Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5255 4-in-1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Auto Answer on my Office Jet 5255 seems to not be working anymore. Yesterday, someone tried to send a fax but the Accept button came up. I did not touch it until their second attempt in which the fax page printed successfully. I even reset the settings on the fax the way I was advised by the HP Live Agent: set the speed on Slow, Set the number of rings to 2, and connected the machine to the 2G network instead of the 5G. I seem to fax out okay. Things have not quite been right after Spectrum (who my phone line is through) replaced a modem on 11/9. Everything else works fine since then except the fax. The fax and landline share the same line and I hooked up the fax machine back in April in which it always worked fine until 11/9 when the modem was changed out. 

Does anyone have any idea as to why things have changed? Spectrum has been out twice since the modem was replaced but no connection problems have been found on their end. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.