cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HaloPaste
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black line on left side when scanning on flatbed scanner HP M575

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Enterprise Color Flow M575c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I'm using a HP Laserjet Enterprise Color Flow M575c. Since two months the flatbed scanner shows a 3mm black line at the left side of the page. I was told by HP that the scanner control board may be the root cause. However, after changing the scanner control board, there is no change to this behavior. Does anybody know what to do/change to the scanner?

Thanks and best regards

HALOPASTE

3 REPLIES 3
Timoteo76
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @HaloPaste 

If you already replaced the Scanner Control Board, then you should follow the instructions on this document :

https://support.hp.com/vn-en/product/hp-laserjet-enterprise-mfp-m725-series/5197860/document/c047208...

Be sure to clean up both scanner glasses ( one on the left side of the big flatbed glass and the second on the left side of the White backing material underneath the ADF).

If that doesn't solve the issue then, the next part to replace is the whole scanner assembly.

I hope this Info Help you.

Regards

I am an HP employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
HaloPaste
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Timoteo76,
kind thanks for your reply. I did clean all relevant surfaces. However, my black line is as follows (zoomed picture):

HaloPaste_0-1613052865919.png

You can see that the scanner works fine, there is no dust, but the scannerhead is scanning the buttom of the black chassis at the side of the glas. I have this issue only when i use scanning on flatbed. Scanning by ADF, copying on flatbed and fax on flatbed do not show the same issue. But they all use the same hardware. I really don't understand why the alignment of the flatbed scanner is off track in scanning on flatbed mode.

Appreciate your help and best regards

Halopaste

Timoteo76
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @HaloPaste 

Looks like the alignment of the image is not properly.

In that case, what you can try is a Scanner Calibration.

Follow the instructions below to do so :

Calibrate

1. On the Control-panel Home screen, scroll to and touch Device Maintenance.

2. Touch  Calibration/Cleaning.

3. Touch  Calibrate Scanner.

4. Follow the instructions on the control-panel display.

I hope this Info Help you.

Regards

I am an HP employee
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation