cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
MyFootPrint
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

C480W scanner problem

HP Recommended
C480W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My scanner is suddenly showing noise in a band of when scanning blank page. The rest of the page is OK.

- If setting to black and white only: The band is black

- If setting to level of grays: The band is grey, with some pattern

- If setting to color and scanning colored colored sheet: The pattern can be seen better in the band. The same pattern appears whatever colored test sheet I scanned (Green, Blue, Yellow, Red). Scanner is measuring a pattern or something for each color the CCD sensor in each color in each color seems not dead but .

The pattern lines spacing and angle change if changing scanning setting definition (from 300 dpi to 2400 dpi). In optics that is typical of "moiré fringes", thus I suspect an optical problem in the scanner, but only in a specific band of the CCD sensor or in internal mirror. Very strange. See attached capture of the affected band, tested with a green test paper. Please share any identical case and solution.

Sans titre.jpg

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation