Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 110 Envy Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Years ago, I was able to use a since removed feature from an HP Scan Utility to scan multiple photos with auto detect into individual files.  I'm back at this task now, and have only found one thread addressing this in the past year, here (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-Copying/scanning-multiple-photos-in-one-step-from-the-...)

That solution addresses "Full Featured Software" for a different model HP Printer.  The latest drivers for my printer ("Full Featured Software") are now more than six years old.

HP Smart does not have this feature, and I cannot locate it anywhere on my Printer.  Do I assume it something that cannot be done on my printer?  I have a LOT of photos to scan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

This can be done with the HP Scan software.

If you only have HP Smart installed, follow the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting Fix Scanning, follow the steps on screen and install the HP Software as suggested by the utility, if it is not yet installed:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Once completing the installation, install and use the HP Scan Extended software to scan:

1. HP Scan Extended: You can Download-Save-Install > HP Scan Extended  

Open HP Scan Extended and select the required Photo Format, make sure the Scan Type is set to Photo and the Source to Flatbed Glass, then set the Size as Auto Detect and the pictures will be auto-cropped.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

This can be done with the HP Scan software.

If you only have HP Smart installed, follow the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting Fix Scanning, follow the steps on screen and install the HP Software as suggested by the utility, if it is not yet installed:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Once completing the installation, install and use the HP Scan Extended software to scan:

1. HP Scan Extended: You can Download-Save-Install > HP Scan Extended  

Open HP Scan Extended and select the required Photo Format, make sure the Scan Type is set to Photo and the Source to Flatbed Glass, then set the Size as Auto Detect and the pictures will be auto-cropped.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This worked!  Thanks.

HP Recommended

One other question: when I save one image from let's say a group of three, three copies are saved.  Is there a fix for that?

HP Recommended

Correction to my last question.  When hitting "Save," all scanned images are saved, not just the image in the crop window with multiple copies.

So applying a unique title to the image in the crop window is not worth the effort, as thename is applied to the other images as well (.0001, .0002, etc.)  I suppose (although I haven't tried this), you could save each with a unique name, and then go back and delete the .0001s, .0002s, etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.