Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Smart Tank Plus 651
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

We just got a new printer. My husband set up printer. He has a Mac.  He did not install any software re this new printer on his mac. I use microsoft lap top. I have installed HP Smart.  When I try to Scan to computer, it won't work.  Printer screen says Scan to Desktop J****QB*.  No idea what this is, but anyway it doesn't work.  When I go to HP Smart settings for scanner, Scan to computer is disabled and message says contact person who set up printer. However, person who set up printer says he knows nothing about this! What do I now? I have used the scan doctor several times, it says scanner is fine but when I press test scan it tells me I have no connection between my computer and scanner - but there is because scan does work if I run it from computer. 

second Q: our old HP would email directly from computer.  Seems like there is second step here, email from app? any shortcut?

3 hours later, totally frustrated! Help!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If your printer is on a network check if the webcam is turned ON.

Open your internet browser to access printers EWS. In your internet browser instead of your home page enter printers IP address that will open printers EWS.

Got to the Settings tab -> Security -> Administration -> find Webscan and set it to enabled and then press apply at the bottom. 

Then try to scan. 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.