Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9023 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an All-in-one 9023 Deskjet and although I have set up the digital fax wizard and everything says it's supposed to be working I have not been able to save faxes to my computer and when I try to send faxes directly from my computer it gives me a printing error.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @msus,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to fax from the computer

To assist better -

What is the exact error you are receiving?

Follow the below instructions to set up digital fax.

Prepare for HP Digital Fax setup

Set up faxing with your printer and install the HP software before setting up HP Digital Fax.

NOTE:

Available setup options vary by printer model and how it connects to the computer. Network connections support saving faxes to a network folder and fax to email. USB connections support saving faxes to a local folder only.

Make sure your fax-capable printer is connected to a telephone land line or digital telephone service, and can send and receive faxes.

Install the HP Smart app or the HP software package that includes the HP Digital Fax setup tool.

HP Smart: Go to HP Smart - Microsoft Store (in English) or HP Smart - Mac App Store (in English).

HP software: Go to HP Software and Driver Downloads to download HP Easy Start that includes the full-feature software and driver package.

The administrator computer needs a user name and password. If you are saving to a network folder, make sure it has full read and write access.

Keep the computer or server where the destination folder is located powered on and in a ready state at all times. Faxes cannot be saved if the computer or server is turned off or in a hibernate state.

Create a shared network folder

Set up a shared folder that can be accessed by other users or devices on the network.

Create a shared network folder (Windows)

Set up a shared folder from a Windows computer that can be accessed by other users or devices on the network.

Create a folder on your computer.

Right-click the folder, and then select Properties.

Click the Sharing tab, and then click Share.

Share properties for a folder in Windows

In the Choose people on your network to share with window, select Everyone from the drop-down menu, set the Permission Level to Read/Write, and then click Share.

In the Network discovery and file sharing window, select access for a private network or all public networks.

Write down the network path from the Your folder is shared window. You will enter this path later when sharing this folder with other users or devices.

Set up HP Digital Fax

Run the guided HP Digital Fax setup tool from a Mac or a Windows computer.

• Set up HP Digital Fax (HP Smart app)
  • Set up HP Digital Fax (HP Easy Start)

For instructions refer to -https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2385594-2225617-16

Send a test fax

Send a fax to HP, and then wait for a return fax to make sure you are able to send and receive faxes.

Create a one-page black and white test fax.

Add your fax number to the fax header. The service uses the header number to send the return fax. Make sure your full 10-digit fax number is in the header, and that it matches the number of the phone line connected to the fax.

Temporarily suspend or disable any conflicting phone line services such as voice mail, call waiting, anonymous call rejection, privacy manager, and caller ID, as these can interfere with incoming faxes. Pressing *82 before dialing the HP Fax Test Service number unblocks the Caller ID blocking feature in most areas. Contact your telephone company if any of these services are interrupting fax communication.

Send the test fax to 1-**bleep**-HPFaxme (1-**bleep**-473-2963 U.S.).

Wait 5 to 7 minutes for the service to send a return fax.

If a fax is not received after 10 minutes, check fax settings and try again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I have already set up digital fax. I can neither fax from my computer nor can I download faxes from the fax/printer/scanner to the computer. The error message I get when trying to send is "Error printing on Fax - OfficeJet Pro 9020 Series". When trying to download a fax received, there is no error message. It's just that nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Could you print and share the fax test report -

Set up the printer for faxing according to your particular home or office setup instructions.

Make sure the cartridges are installed, and then load plain white paper in the input tray.

From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

Touch Fax Setup.

Touch Tools, and then touch Run Fax Test.

A Fax Test Report prints.

Fax test report

Keep me posted with the results.

HP Recommended

Fax Test Report.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.