Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using webscan to scan photos and save as jpegs without problems until now. When I right click on the scan, select save image as..., then key in the name I want, I get the message, "Failed - no file." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times, used HP Support Assistant several times, rebooted the computer several times, turned the printer off, then on several times and nothing seems to work. Fortunately, I can still scan using the touchscreen on the printer, but for this project, webscan works better for me. How do I revive it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TM86

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with web scanning.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP.

---> Click the Settings tab. In the Security section, click Administrator Settings.

--->uncheck Webscan from EWS, and click Apply

And go back and enable it.

If the issue persists, try opening the EWS page on a different browser

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article and update the printer firmware.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TM86

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with web scanning.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address 

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP.

---> Click the Settings tab. In the Security section, click Administrator Settings.

--->uncheck Webscan from EWS, and click Apply

And go back and enable it.

If the issue persists, try opening the EWS page on a different browser

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article and update the printer firmware.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to get into the Administrator Settings numerous times, but it requires a username and password. I think I may know the password but don't know the username and it locks me out after about 3 tries. It does this no matter which browser I use. There is no option regarding resetting the username or password.

I have uninstalled and installed the printer several times, but I followed the instructions on updating the printer firmware and it is still requiring a username and password to get into Administrator Settings. 

Don't know if this adds anything helpful or not, but when I click on Web Services, it takes a few seconds, then says, "An error has occurred. Unable to communicate with the Web Services server. However, you might still be able to use some of the printer's Web Services features."

HP Recommended

@TM86

I recommend you restore the factory defaults on the printer from the printer front panel and then set up the printer again and test.

Here is how it is done.

1. Touch Setup.

2. Touch Preferences.

3. Touch factory restore and follow the on screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I was able to determine the username and password, finally, and after several tries with unchecking Webscan "enable", then checking "enable again, it finally worked. Thank you for your assistance. It is very much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@TM86

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, here we go again. After being able to successfully use Webscan for a few weeks, I am once again shut out - Failed - No File. I have disabled and enabled it in Security, as I did before, but that does not work. I have tried a different browser and that did not work. I did the disable/enable on the other browser and it still does not work. One of the responses said to restore the printer to factory default settings, then set it up again. Should that be by next step?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.