Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 120
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I was happily using the "Import From HP ENVY 120 series..." in the File dropdown menu in the native Mac application Preview.  Most recently I got an error that the HPDriverCore.framework will damage my computer.  I tried installing HP Smart as instructed in a previous post but it didn't give me the option to un-install the existing software.  I then manually deleted the HPDriverCore.framework and re-set up the printer.  When I try to import via Preview, I now get an error: The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.imagecapture error 704.) (704).  I would like to recover scanning and printing functionality on this equipment so any help would be appreciated.  I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.7

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@c-physics

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Installing the printer using Airprint is recommended, but you can use the HP Driver after uninstalling the Driver using the HP Easy Start

1. Go to 123.hp.com/setup, and then click Download.

2. After the software downloads, open HP Easy Start.

3. Click File, and then select Uninstall HP Software... from the menu.

Figure : Select Uninstall HP Software...

Select Uninstall HP Software...
  4. Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue.

5. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password.

6. HP Uninstaller removes all HP printer software previously installed.

7. If you are reinstalling the HP printer software, click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to install the printer with HP EasyStart.

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02440673

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.