Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 7605 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 11

I've just got this printer, and have uninstalled all pre-existing HP software and re-installed. I can't seem to get the printer to scan to my comupter and it's telling me there' a network error, even though I have it connected via wifi and printing.

I've chose the folder and file path which it's accepted but when I test it, there's a network error. hp printer.jpeg

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@TimeTamer

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

Let's restore the network settings on the Printer:

To restore the printer network settings from the printer 1. On the back of the printer, press and hold the Wi-Fi button for 5 seconds, or until the printer display shows a prompt. 2. When prompted, touch OK to restore original network settings. The status light on the front of the printer will pulse purple.

Once done, connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi and try again.

Let me know if this helps.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No it didn't. I got the same error messages.

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer. 

Once done, please download and install the software from here: 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I spent well over an hour doing all this and came back to the same spot.  It's accepting the network path as valid but still gives me the connection error.   Is it something in the way I've set up the path?  Is there another way to select the folder destination?

hp.jpg

HP Recommended

Try renaming the folder to just "Scan".

The network path should be <\\computer IP address\Shared folder name>

Verify that the Current Printer Time is set to the GMT equivalent of the current time on the Windows client. Open the printer's EWS page, Settings>Preferences> Date&Time.

You can open the Printer's EWS by opening a web browser and entering the Printer's IP address.

These printers do not support time zones. For the printer to be able to log into a shared folderthe GMT date and time on the printer must match up with the local time on the Windows client.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The folder name is just the documents folder in Windows 11, but I I also tried a folder on my desktop. 
Still getting the network connection error.
I tried the 3 different options for the time. The last option being the third option. Interestingly it gave me a network connection error here also when I clicked on Discover.  hp 2.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally, I suggest creating a dedicated folder under the root level (e.g. C:) and not under a user folder, which may be more limited and prevent a printer from connecting due to standard permission settings of the OS for these users folder.

Please open Windows Explorer and navigate to actual path of  the shared folder (e.g. C:\Scan as an example)

Right-click the folder and select Properties, then open its Sharing tab and include a screenshot of this dialog.

As an example, see below example from a shared folder on my PC:

ShlomiL_0-1650534424665.png

Please include a screenshot of below dialog,m this should allow getting some much better understanding of any possible cause ( a such may occur due to incorrect sharing folder, Password Protection sharing information, as well as your Network configuration of your PC.

Also, right click the network icon of your PC, can you see Private Network listed at the top?

ShlomiL_1-1650534544871.png

If you may see a Public Network listed, click on Properties and be sure to change to a Private Network profile and then check for any difference (A Public Network profile disables any file sharing on Windows and may also results such behavior as well).

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

hp 3.jpghp 4.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information @TimeTamer, but please move one tab to the right (Sharing) and include its picture.

Thanks,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.