Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

hp 5.jpg

HP Recommended

Sorry thought I responded and then went down with COVID for a few days. hp 6.jpg

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your response then got busy. 
I can't get to the root level.

How do I do that?

HP Recommended

This seems crazy. Surely it shouldn't be that complex to set up the scanner to a home business computer system. I just wish I could press the scan button and send to my computer. It's never been this complex with HP before. I feel like I'm having to do some major It diagnostic 'root level' programming to set this up.

HP Recommended

Hi @TimeTamer,

Within this screen:

ShlomiL_0-1655833364252.jpeg

Please click the Share button, select your user and click Share, then click Done.

Click on Advanced Sharing, then click Permissions.

Click Add, type your username, press Check Names and then OK.

Check the box next to Allow for Full Control, then press OK twice.

Copy the Network Path as listed right below the "Network Path text and paste it as the Share folder path, then click Save and Test and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

TimeTamer_0-1655891488278.png

So that's how it looks. 

TimeTamer_1-1655891564673.png

And this is what I get. 

TimeTamer_2-1655891628740.png

HP Recommended

I ended up abandoning this. There are some inherent issues with this model. This scanning was just one. The other, which HP support could resolve was that the printer applied margins to double sided printing. When printing PDF from HP smart they were even (although large) so wasn't such an issue but printing from word or other software would cause an extra margin on the header of even pages and extra margin on the footer of odd pages, making any headers and footers uneven on the printing.  I ended up taking the printer back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.