Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 Wide Format All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My user is able to scan and print from her computer on the 

HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 Wide Format All-in-One Printer series  but if she goes to the printer/scanner she is not able to see her computer in the scanning to computer list. I was able to uninstall and reinstall the software and now she is able to see her computer but her co-worker now can't scan from the scanner to the computer. She said the scanner has 5 people max capability of sending documents to wirelessly. Please help! Thank you much! JV from Dicalite

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

How many computers are used with your printer?

The printer is intended to be used with up to 5 computers indeed and the printer firmware is capable of handling a such, installing the full software and allowing more than 5 computers will likely result issues due to using more devices than such a consumer model is intended for...

If you have more than 5 computers with the HP Full Feature Installed, I suggest turning off the feature for any computer not using a such, you may open the HP Software of your printer, select Scan and then select Manage Scan to Computer, uncheck the box to start the feature with Windows and then disable the feature for other PCs.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

How many computers are used with your printer?

The printer is intended to be used with up to 5 computers indeed and the printer firmware is capable of handling a such, installing the full software and allowing more than 5 computers will likely result issues due to using more devices than such a consumer model is intended for...

If you have more than 5 computers with the HP Full Feature Installed, I suggest turning off the feature for any computer not using a such, you may open the HP Software of your printer, select Scan and then select Manage Scan to Computer, uncheck the box to start the feature with Windows and then disable the feature for other PCs.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you! i have been searching for a confirmation that the printer can actually handle 5 computers wirelessly, and yes there is another user that is able to scan from the scanner to her computer wirelessly. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.