Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have setup the printer with scan to email. Now my password has changed, but there is no option to change it in the printer.

I have updated the firmware to the last version.

The HP Smart app just redirects the 'advanced settings' to the web interface, so that has the same issues.

I tried using the web interface with different browsers and different devices. iOS, Windows 10, MacOS. Safari (mobile), Chrome, Edge, Firefox..

The problem is that whenever I try to open the Scan --> Scan to email --> Scan to email setup (or address book, email options) I get the error 'Network connection error. Check network and try again.' after some time.

When I check the network tab in my browser, all requests from the following URL fail:

(OK my local IP was removed from this post by a mod. Wow.)

So /EmailAccountsCap.xml, /Accounts, /CommonEmailServerCap.xml and so on just get timeouts.

(Almost) everything else works.

Also, changing the settings to factory defaults does not work. It's impossible to do this from the printer. Resetting scanning options or webapps does nothin to my email address, so that does not work.

From the web interface, I cannot reset to factory defaults either. Same error message.

Most of the web interface works though. I can scan from the web interface, I can change other settings. Also, the printer itself works fine, no problems whatsoever. I can scan, print, etc.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.