Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
MacBook Air 15in. 2015
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Suddenly I cannot scan from MacBook Air. Using HP Printer 4635. Wireless connection on. Printer gives message  "make sure scan to computer on". Went to screen and apparently all settings correct. Had been scanning recently. Also how do I reset all printer settings so printer turned on when computer on.

Can print from computer.

Please help soonest. Thanks

HP Printer 4635 

MacBook Air OS Mojave 10.14.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@venny, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

Now, try scanning.

Refer to the document How to scan with an HP printer for additional help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@venny, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

Now, try scanning.

Refer to the document How to scan with an HP printer for additional help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

TEJ1602: I replied on Mar. 08 but now I do not see my reply. Yes, prior to your reply I noticed that HP folder not in Finder applications folder. I went to HP web site & downloaded software/drivers for printer & reinstalled. Success resulted.

I thank you for your reply. I cannot find the "Accepted Solution" to click. Also could not retrieve your private message sent on Mar. 09. What am I not doing or doing to cause these difficulties. If you can assist it is appreciated.

Recognize your interest & help. Thank you

HP Recommended

"Accept as solution." Button for this phrase does not show. Where is it?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.