Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday, I installed an HP OfficeJet 6978 on my HP 17T-BY200 Laptop.

When I was unsuccessful scanning a six-page B&W document using the ADF and Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (11.0.23), I ran HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.5.2 and re-ran it a few times, and received the results shown below.

Now, when I do a custom scan with Scanner set to "HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 TWAIN" or "WIA-HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 (NET)", the first page scans in and the scan cancels, and when I do a custom scan with Scanner set to "WIA-HPC13E60 (HP OfficeJet Pro 69", the pages in the ADF are ignored and the scan is performed on the flatbed.

How do I scan using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro (11.0.23) and the HP OfficeJet 6978 ADF?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10B7hDomhCTdGjJsAsRvAtPHcOwOn-cYu/view?usp=sharing 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DyGnKklDTBVL2p6v8fPHRx60t2_d799V/view?usp=sharing  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i-TOp8EdluDhT-r2kuVy6rlGQr6-Au5s/view?usp=sharing 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,
From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command-Line and select Run as Administrator, be sure to confirm any prompt by pressing Yes.

Past the following command and press enter:

Sc config stisvc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection

Now restart your computer and try scanning from Adobe Pro using WIA, may you see any difference?

Can you successfully scan using the HP Scan application itself?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I received "[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS" in response to running the recommended command.

I am about to restart my laptop and use Acrobat with the WIA option.

I will let you know how it goes.

Jim

HP Recommended

Image1.jpg

When I chose the WIA option highlighted in blue, the scanner scanned from the flatbed.

When I chose the WIA option below the WIA option highlighted in blue, the scanner accepted the first page, but cancelled the scan before completing the scan of the first page.

I sure hope you have another suggestion.

Jim

HP Recommended

How do I include images in my posts?

HP Recommended

Regarding images, I learned that the moderator has to approve them first.

HP Recommended

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,
From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command-Line and select Run as Administrator, be sure to confirm any prompt by pressing Yes.

Past the following command and press enter:

Sc config stisvc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection

Now restart your computer and try scanning from Adobe Pro using WIA, may you see any difference?

Can you successfully scan using the HP Scan application itself?

Shlomi

Last question first: Yes, I can successfully scan using the HP Scan application and NAPS2.

I received "[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS" in response to running the recommended command.

After restarting my laptop, I had the following options....

Image1.jpg

When I chose the WIA option highlighted in blue, the scanner scanned from the flatbed.

When I chose the WIA option below the WIA option highlighted in blue, the scanner accepted the first page, but cancelled the scan before completing the scan of the first page.

I sure hope you or anyone else has another suggestion.

TIA!

Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.