Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
MFP 127fw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi, I cannot use anymore the scan-to-email feature on my scanner. When I click on Apps, the panel shows “connecting” for some minutes and then “printer cannot connect”. The printer is connected to Wi-Fi and both wireless printing, printing and scanning from my Mac works. I would like to scan directly from the printer and get the file to my email, as it was previusly.

I already did a soft reset and a hard reset but Apps is not working (flag player issue?)

how can I get this feature working? Thanks 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Maxkava

I reviewed your post and I understand that the scan to email feature is not working.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03953891

NOTE: Follow the steps under “Set up the Scan to Email feature”

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back! Unfortunately when I open EWS (using browser or HP utility, the final landing page it's the same) I cannot find "Administration" link under "System" tab in the left panel. Schermata 2021-02-24 alle 08.04.55.png

I tried to click around to find "administration" link but cannot find it. Thanks

HP Recommended

@Maxkava

I recommend you disable the web services on the printer and then enable it and check if it helps.

Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05329102

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the quick turnaround. Web services on the printer are disabled, when I try to turn them on I have a first screen (where you can print T&C) and then when I try to turn them on, the screen goes into "Connecting" for around 5 minutes, then I get timeout error ("Printer cannot connect to the service, check internet connection and retry"). Internet connection works (I can print wirelessly, I can print from my Max, I can print from my HP mobile app). I tried already twice to reset the printer (soft and hard reset) but it does not work.image0.jpegIMG_2165.jpg 

HP Recommended

@Maxkava

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I tried to check contact options but could not find a form/mail.. I tried with virtual assistant but (of course) the bot is not able to understand the issue and provide a contact. any further suggestion? I checked all options on the contact page but it looks like there is none for my specific situation (product is out of warranty). thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Installing the latest firmware should help, it will fail to connect without the latest firmware installed:

Spoiler
Update certificate to maintain a secure connection to HP Cloud.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m127-series/5396666/m...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion Shlomi!

Unfortunately when running firmware update (download dmg, mount file, run utility) the system stops, as "apple cannot verify presence of malware. Please contact developer to get an updated version". I have 20160622 installed and 20201013 would definitely help, but HP firmware update utility cannot install it 😞

HP Recommended

I forgot to say that I already changed System preferences on the Mac to allow this app to be installed, but  it does not work. Log error:
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.15.dylib
Referenced from: /private/var/folders/*/HP Firmware Update Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/HP Firmware Upgrade Utility
Reason: image not found

Schermata 2021-03-06 alle 11.53.12.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.