Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet PRO 8600 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Officejet PRO 8600 Premium  My top load for multi scan or copy has quite processing - IT runs the docs thru but does NOT scan or copy pages - It gives a message to retry which does not work either ... BUT now it has started to have Black lines across page with scan or copy from glass top if the BLACK option is used - I found it will work if I use the COLOR setting  - I have cleaned the printer heads but that didn't help ... Is there a FIX?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ofiicehelper, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

To isolate the issue further, I would request you to print a quality report and share the picture of the same. Here is how you do it-

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Right Arrow () to display additional options.

3. Touch Setup (), touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Reports.

4. Touch Print Quality Report. The Print Quality Diagnostics Report prints.

Figure: Example of a Print Quality Diagnostics Report

Image: Example of a Print Quality Diagnostics Report.

If you have a spare black ink, try replacing it.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.