cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
tattdan
4 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cut & crop

HP Recommended
HP series 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am scanning a picture, & then cut & crop, but I am left with still the A4 size after saving, what am I doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,250 32,727 3,051 11,058
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tattdan

@tattdan wrote:

I am scanning a picture, & then cut & crop, but I am left with still the A4 size after saving, what am I doing wrong?

No idea - some of this depends on the software you use to scan the image.

If you have not done so, install the Full Feature Software for the printer.

For example, if this is your printer:

HP DeskJet 2600 All-in-One Printer series

then

This is your printer software:

HP DeskJet / Ink Advantage 2600/2675/2676/2677/2678 Full Feature Software and Drivers

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

Option:  Use semi-intelligent scan software that provides cut / crop feature

HP Scan Extended – Exceptional free HP scan program:  Single, Multiple scans, image and PDF scans, Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary). Download, save, and install to use. (HPSE is an older, similar version of the scan software included in 2015 or newer Full Feature Software packages.)

Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin >

Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start

Place the item to be scanned on the printer glass

Open the HP Scan Extended program

Select options

Select Save as JPEG OR, if you have previously created a custom shortcut with the options you like, select that

For Example:

Page Size:  Auto Detect Size

Source:  Flatbed (Glass)

If desired, click More > and set other options

When ready, click Scan

After the Image scans, grab the edges (little boxes) with your mouse and drag the edges where you want them.  (Note that the exact size you want may not be available due to Aspect Ratio restrictions.)

HP_Scan_Extended_Shortcut_1HP_Scan_Extended_Shortcut_1HP_Scan_Extended_Crop_1HP_Scan_Extended_Crop_1

Option: Scan and Save Image - Edit with Paint

• Skip the "cut and crop" during the scan operation,
  • Scan the image / photo into the computer and save it as a .jpg file
  • Open the image in some form of photo editing software 
  • Edit, including cut or crop
  • Save the newly edited version under a new name

Although it has been around "forever" and there are fancier programs around these days,  Paint (mspaint) works well for simple editing.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation