Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-14-2022 08:29 AM
New printer. Scanning works from flatbed, but the printer does not pick the document form the feeder. There is some sound, but document is not picked up regardless how firm it is pressed into the feeder. Then the scanning software responds with "Failed to scan / unable to start scan".
08-24-2022 10:04 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a paper feed issue with your HP OfficeJet 8012e All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any paper jam on the Automatic document feeder prior to the issue?
- Are you able to make a copy using the Automatic document feeder?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP printers - Automatic document feeder does not pick paper or feeds too many sheets
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community