Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Other

Just upgraded to Mac OS 10.6 Ventura. Now when scanning with Easy Scan it saves only a blank Document. Scan appears on Easy Scan just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks. I did find that HP Smart does work but it is not as easy as Easy Scan.

View solution in original post

164 REPLIES 164
HP Recommended

Same exact issue.  Had to use Hp smart app but not as easy as easy scan.   

HP Recommended

Same issue and it's really annoying because I work from home and need to scan documents.  Are they going to fix this????

HP Recommended

Same problem on two different printer/scanners after update to Ventura.

Saving blank pdf files.

A patch until the problem gets fixed is to:

1.save the scanned document as a JPEG file.

2. Open the JPEG in Preview.

3. From Preview select File/Export as PDF.  You may need to change the file extension from .jpg to .pdf manually.

This worked for me.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I did find that HP Smart does work but it is not as easy as Easy Scan.

HP Recommended

Be aware thatEasy Scan saves multi-page scans as individual files, one for each page.

For a 3 page document the files will be named:

my filename.jpg

my filename 1.jpg

my filename 2.jpg

HP Recommended

Same experience as others have noted. (Question about your original post, Martin. You do mean macOS Ventura v13.0, right? Not 10.6)

I have found that using the checkbox "PDF/A" in the save dialog does work and creates a PDF with non-blank pages. The other solutions (JPEG and HP Smart) also worked for me.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I will give it a try.  🤞

HP Recommended

I have been using Easy Scan for several years and never had a problem scanning from my printer then saving the document to my desktop. Since I upgraded to OS13, I can scan the document from my printer but when I save it to the desktop is delivers a blank page. I can see the scan on the Easy Scan screen but it does not transfer to a readable PDF document. It is blank

Can you help???

I found a work around that seems to work.

• Open Easy Scan and load document in feeder

• Go to Easy Scan Preferences/ Scan to computer/Save as PDF

• Presets- Color/PDF/Desktop

• Click on Scan

• Go to SEND / Then Folder

• Name the Scan, Where to Send - DESKTOP/ Format - PDF- Searchable

• The scan should appear on your desktop.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for this! PDF/A works for me too. My other issue is HP Smart will not work now either. I go through the login process, get the spinning blue wheel, then it says this process is "taking longer than expected- hit continue". I do that and then I get a screen saying "something went wrong - please try later". If I then try to re-open, it just crashes, and the only way to try again is to uninstall and re-install. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.