Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

After you have the file on your desktop or in your apps folder, right click on it. or control click  on it. Or two finger click on it if you are using a track pad. That will bring up a box and the top item on the box will be "Open". Click on that and the you will not get the warning from Apple and the file will open and you will be able to use version 2.0.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip, JAM123456. I was able to open the file finally, and it gave me access to the HP site again where Easy Start was now officially uploading into my iMac. I was about to shout "victory" when...in the middle of the so-called installation, HP asked me to answer questions about my preference for advertising etc, and if I am using my printer for business or from home (do I have more than 1 to 300 employee etc), but whichever box I clicked in, a little blinking window would then pop in and beg to be filled, I guess, but no information came on what I was supposed to fill it with. Numbers? Letters? Nada. And lo and behold, the "continue" system will not go any further after that! So" mysterious box pops in, no info on what to fill it with, and end of the road! I shut down that now useless HP window, thinking maybe the download is finished anyway; I tried scanning with the Easy Scan app on my Mac deck....same problem as before: the scan turns out to be blank. So frankly it think the HP fix for Ventura does not really exist. Or it is not valid on my 8620 old printer. Or this driver update has a real bug and this what APPLE  is warning me (and a few of the writers on this board) about? I am back to using the other roundabout tricks to get my scanner to work around this Ventura problem HP has not tackled properly IMO. 

HP Recommended

Wow, that is a problem I have not seen discussed on this thread. My only suggestion would be to start over from the beginning. Trash all that you have downloaded from HP, Go back to their HP support,  Put in your printer/scanner model number. Select install for the HP smart app. Un zip it and then open it as before. 

I would also select the Drivers section and download HP Easy Start and install using the same method.

Finally I would  go to the Basic Drivers section and download HP Easy Admin and Install that also. 

I updated my Firmware but now I find that the apps won"t show me the printer ink levels. Probably because I don't use HP ink.

I agree that HP hasn't handled this very well. Why are we all writing messages to each other trying to find a common and reliable fix?

HP Recommended

You can use the Scan to Email function, which allows the image to be captured / processed normally for .pdf's. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. However, my HP printer allows you to print to an "Adobe PDF". This worked for me.

HP Recommended

Another workaround is, instead of Saving in Easy Scan, go to Print. Once at Print screen, instead of hitting Print select PDF and then Save as PDF.

HP Recommended

I was having this problem and could not find a viable solution so I wanted to share what worked for me! I uninstalled the HP Easy Print app altogether from my computer. I did not use the HP Smart Print App. I simply scanned directly from my computer by selecting the scan to computer option and it scanned to the normal folder like it used to! It seems that it's the presence of the Easy Print app on the computer that causes a problem with the lates OS update. I hope this helps someone!

HP Recommended

This is great! I forget now what I did as a workaround but I appreciate you sharing this and building community. 🙂

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem

HP Recommended

It works when you save as PDF-Searchable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.