cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
Ben49
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Envy 5640 does not scan

HP Recommended
Envy 5640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Newest software installed - ran HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0 - program halted at Windows WIA scan

4 REPLIES 4
Icy_Princess
3 3 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for choosing HP!

Not sure which connectivties you did between PC and your Printer. Listed 2 solutions below for your reference. Hope it can helps you to solve your problem.

1. Network Connection (Make sure your 2 devices are connected in the same network)

For wireless connections, go to Guided Solutions: Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

For wired connections, make sure the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router. If the green link is not steady and the orange activity light is not blinking, restart the router, printer, and computer to resolve any network error states.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00040499

2. USB Connection

Re - install the SW after your printer can be found in PC Device management/ PC ->Devices ->Printer & Scanner when USB line connected

Have a nice day and hope my answer can help you!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.*

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MTEJ
Level 2
Level 2
17 17 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thank you for choosing HP 🙂

I understand you're having scanning issues on your Envy 5640 printer, we can try the following steps to resolved the issue-

1) If your printer is on USB connectivity follow the below link that has detailed troubleshooting steps:

For Windows PC

https://support.hp.com/wise/DocumentDetail/ams-en?contentType=Support%20Document&docId=c00896190

2) If your printer is connected on a network follow the below link with detailed troubleshooting steps:

For windows PC

https://support.hp.com/wise/DocumentDetail/ams-en?contentType=Support%20Document&docId=c000404

Follow the steps and let us know if the issue has been resolved. You can reach us out if you need further assistance.

Hope this helps.

MTEJ
scanabc
Level 2
Level 2
29 29 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can try our mobile capture app "HP JetAdvantage Capture", free download from windows store, no driver needed.

I work for HP.
IPGRicky
Level 3
Level 3
54 54 1 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is vignesh B.

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

We understand that you are facing the scanning issue with the printer. Please click on the below link and follow the basic troubleshooting steps. Before you proceed with the document, Please press and hold the windows button and hit R button simultaneously to open the run window. 

a. Please type services.msc

b. please right click on "Windows Image Acquisiton", Shell Hardware detection and the print spooler and restart those services. 
Once completed, please click on the following document to resolve the scanning issue

Please use this link to get more troubleshooting steps to resolve any scanning Issues :

Link :  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00040499

In case, if the issue still persists, Please click on the below link and run as an administrator.

Link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/sclitefileassociation/SCLiteFix_299026.exe

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.
Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation