Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-27-2022 09:33 AM
The scanner on my HP 8040 all in one printer does not scan properly. The resulting image is blurring parts of the image. The paper is flat on the scanner bed with the top closed. See attached image.
11-30-2022 08:08 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a scan quality issue with your HP Officejet 8040 All-in-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Does the copy also have the same issue?
- Are you able to get good-quality scans using the automatic document feeder?
- What application are you using to scan?
- Have you tried using an alternate scanning application?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: Resolve scan quality problems on HP printers
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community